Projects & Collaborations
We collaborate with museums, galleries, art organisations and businesses to help create awareness and community for women artists. Below are some of the projects we have been involved with.
Thanks to each and everyone one of our partners so far, we are very grateful for your support.
TOGETHER WE RISE FOR WOMEN ARTISTS.
Interested in working with us? Simply email our Community Manager - Nina Sareena Idris: email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Tessera Arts Collective : Black Abstract Women Artist T-shirt
- Black Women in Visual Arts : Black Abstract Women Artist T-shirt
- Kahn Gallery With Lawrence Devalmy : Abstract Expressionist Artists T-shirt
- Thrive Art Studio : Canadian Women Artist T-shirt
- Artist / Mother Podcast : Artist Mother T-shirt
- Create Mag : Custom Curated Women Artist T-shirt
- The Jealous Curator : Custom Curated Women Artist Tote Bag
- Subject Matter Art : Female Photographers T-shirt
- Mekomit : Raising awareness for Israeli and Palestinian female artists
3. Art Girls WFH: Covid Response - Classes for ArtistsIn March 2020, during Covid and lockdown we launched eight classes for artists by art world professionals. The Global Innovation Forum and Shopify featured our Covid response. View all classes here.
4. Art + Chill: Covid Response - Community During LockdownFrom April - November 2020 we hosted free art & chill sessions 1-2 per week for our community during the tough months of Covid and lockdown. During these sessions we chatted, shared our hopes, fears and dreams while making art together. The Global Innovation Forum and Shopify featured our Covid responses.
5. Guest Curations
Where Are The Women Artists? A database and directory for women artists co-created by the founder of ArtGirlRising launched in February 2021. We have more than 2000 artists from 50 countries already signed up. Read our interview with Made In Bed (Sotheby's Art Institute) Magazine here.
Please visit and join us here: wherearethewomenartists.com
7. The ConversationFor International Women's Day in 2021 we launched our YouTube Channel The Conversation with She Curates. View our first episode here.
8. Artist Residency
In March 2019 ArtGirlRising opened an all female artist residency in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The residency hosted seven local female artists and their projects and one exhibition. Unfortunately due to property restrictions and complications we closed the residency in December 2019. During our time at the residency we worked with incredible women Malaysian artists including Nadia Nizamudin, Nadirah Zakariya, Shan Shan Lim, Nawwar Shukriahali and Inji Darwish.
9. Fair Art 2030 Pledge
Fair Art is our latest project, a pledge project and collective for equality and inclusion in the art world. The Fair Art Pledge, a collective, public promise that museums, galleries, art fairs, and organisations are invited to sign as an indication of their commitment to representing the full population in their collections, exhibitions, programming, and management by 2030.
Fair Art 2030 to sign up and get involved